Ben Lepper - Breathe Remix Ben Lepper - Breathe Remix

I really like the intro it was very relaxing lol. After listening to the original I'm still on the fence on which one I like more. This one has really cool synth effects lol and the other one has that smexy piano. :3 The mixing and mastering is wonderful nothing is overwhelming eachother. Its really nice to hear every detail in a song. I really hope you continue to do more in the future I would like to see what else you have to offer here. :)

Drewpy responds:

Thanks dude! I was extremely proud of the mixing on this track. Glad you agree it doesn't sound half bad :)

[Original mix] Release Me (feat.Halo) [Original mix] Release Me (feat.Halo)

I really like the way you started off the song. The synths you used are freaking awesome what program did you use? The guy singing is really talented! I wouldn't be surprise if I heard this on the radio one day. :) Honestly I'd say its too good for newgrounds. the beat is so on point! I wish I could be specific(My browser is being dumb and wont let me replay the song) but at some point the vocals do sound a little weird to me. Other then that its a good song.

Goodjob!

Infinityofficial responds:

Thanks!

I'm glad you like it. I use FL studio mobile, and audacity to record and master the vocals. Halo is a really talented guy to be honest. The synths I used was just a deeply tuned and EQ'd electric piano, nothing fancy :)

About the weird vocal: there was a glitch during the rendering of the track, making the backing vocals overpower the main vocals. By the time I realized it, it was too late to fix it :'(

Thanks for taking your time to review this :)

Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time Cover) Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time Cover)

This is very well done! Your mixing is pretty good too! I really like the way you did the piano around the 02:47 and every instrument you have chosen is very spot on! I cant really see anything I would change. the strings that come in at the 2min mark are a nice touch too!

Hm maybe I should switch to Logic I really like the way the strings sound. :)

Good work!

HelpThePoor responds:

Thanks! I was trying to get it to sound as close to the original as possible, so I didn't really "choose" the instruments so much. The same goes for the piano.

I used a lot of automation on the instruments' volume levels, particularly the strings, to make them sound more dynamic, and added reverb. Logic comes with an awesome convolution reverb plug-in called "Space Designer" which is amazing.

Thanks again for the review! :)

Nightfall Nightfall

This is very well done I really appreciate you sharing this with me, honestly I really think this is way too good for newgrounds every instrument works very well with each other. I can tell a lot of work went into this song. Your voice alone puts me in a trance and I'm honestly jamming this out while I'm at work right now :)

Downloaded and Voted

Lingering Sorrow Lingering Sorrow

That piano is magic! I must say it did give me a bit of a sci-fi feel! but I must say (in just my opinion) I don't really agree with the sound that comes in around 1:26 (its off in in the background ) but other than that I think its its a solid track. It reminds me whenever optimus prime is giving his monologues at the end of the movies.

HelpThePoor responds:

Thanks! I'm not sure what sound you are referring to, maybe the cymbal hits? There is also a harp that starts playing arpeggios at that point in the song. Oh well, thanks for listening and for the review! :)

Mio/Homura (澪/炎) EXTEND Ver. Mio/Homura (澪/炎) EXTEND Ver.

Wow this sure is a journey!

This song is pretty flawless, it really did come a long way from the original version. Really tbh this song is too good for Newgrounds. I'm shocked it never got front paged. The name really fits with this piece.(First half being calm like water, while the second half was wild like fire!) I personally think this would fit well in a cinematic.

Final thoughts?

I really don't see how you could make this better the quality is really good. I can tell you put your heart and soul into this piece. Thank you for sharing! This will be going into my favs! :)

ID #2 (WIP) ID #2 (WIP)

Hello! and lets get started!

Your volume levels are too high. I suggest experimenting with your sound levels. The drum patterns are nice but I agree with the first comment the song is really bland when it comes to melodic progression and that synth sound can get tiring what I would do is try adding different instruments, Like Piano or Pads etc. The Drop could use work(however I do like the sound around 01:08).

Final thoughts?

When you do work on your drop try to give it some variety. I recommend studying a couple of dubstep songs. Don't be afraid to add more instruments to your song.( as long as they compliment each other) Also when in doubt YouTube that Sh*t.

BlueAlpha14 responds:

Not trying to make excuses, but FL Studio volume levels versus rendered volume levels seem to be very different. Been trying to fix that.

I spent so much time working on the main bass and instead people like the 1:08 sound. I altered a preset and the LFO pattern lol.

Yeah, I guess you're right about the adding more instruments on the drop. I kinda suck at composition ://///////

Thanks for the detailed review.

Rise & Fall Rise & Fall

Alright here we go!

First off wonderful beat I really enjoy what it builds into in the middle, but then it falls off. Like there could've been more added to it(That's just me) before it went back to the beginning tune.(even though its a loop)

Second, I think it wouldn't hurt to shave off the 10 seconds when it loops back, that way the beginning tune doesn't seem long and dragged out. (In short loop it at the 01:30 mark.)

Final thoughts?

I think this is good for your first time. Its very enjoyable makes me feel like I'm cruising down a futuristic city. I know its just a loop but I feel like you can build more onto this.(Once again that's just me) Also just cut that last 10 seconds and this can be a solid loop. :)

BoxerBraydog responds:

Thank you so very much for your review.

The feedback is deeply appreciated.

I will definitely improve upon this in the future!

Again, thank you.

~Braydog

Mithyx - Solar Mithyx - Solar

Your mixing and mastering sounds great! the melody is so on point that I found myself humming to it! :) great work this is a solid beat.

MithyxSounds responds:

Thanks my dude! :D

Boss fight Boss fight

your mixing could use some work and sounds kind of repetitive. but its good so for.